Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Fishnet in Blue Hill, Maine

If you are anywhere near Blue Hill, Maine you must give the Fishnet a try.  It promises the finest fresh seafood in the area and boy does it deliver.  We have been eating there for years.  The Fishnet was opened in the early 60's and has been owned and operated by the Curtis family for 27 years. When we talk of a visit home the Fishnet is unanimously added to the must visit list by one and all.  I personally go for the shrimp basket as I just love tender Maine shrimp.

It has the take out window pictured here but if that is not your style there is a cute little dining room, additional dining out back and a smattering of picnic tables around the property. 

It is nestled in a cozy corner of Blue Hill, Maine and since Blue Hill is so small you could not miss it if you tried.  When you get close to it my suggestion is to drive defensively as you might notice other automobiles turning suddenly into the parking lot.  You would be wise to follow them.  I know some of you are curious and it might be cruel but I have provided the menu for you to shop from.  When Huy came with me we stopped in here for my lobster and Huy ordered the mussels.
                                                                       
 Dad suggested to Huy that he order "steamahs" but he got confused and ordered steamed mussels which he felt were quite tasty.
You would be hard pressed to find something that was not absolutely delightful.  Even their homemade desserts are quite nice.  My son's first ice cream cone was purchased from the Fishnet.  You can tell from the video that my mother took he was quite surprised that she actually let him eat it himself.  He did a good job for only being 14 months old at the time.                                                                                                       
Whatever the fare, if it is on the menu, the Fishnet will be a pleasing addition to your New England
trip.  Sometimes we joke with ourselves that we plan our vacations by the number of meals rather than the number of days but everyone has to eat, right?

Anyway to the folks at the Fishnet ...thank you for being part of our favorite vacation memories.  To the folks planning on taking a Maine trip..tell the good people that Susan sent you.  You will not be sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

My name is Jocelyn and I am with Dwellable. I am looking for fun and authentic blogs about Blue Hill and yours happened to catch my eye. If you’re open to it, shoot me an e-mail at jocelyn(at)dwellable(dot)com.

Hope to hear from you soon!
- Jocelyn