Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My siblings reactions

A short time back I was asked how my siblings are reacting to my situation.  I have a younger sister Tracey and a younger brother Scott.  They have both lived here in Colorado but have both moved back to Maine.  I guess they couldnt get our beautiful home state out of their systems.  I cannot really blame them because I love Maine also but I have to admit I am spoiled by the milder winters of Colorado.

After receiving the request for their point of view, I emailed them to ask them to write a statement.  We have close relationships even if we dont get to see each other as often as we would like.  We speak on the phone  and make the most of family time together when we can get it in.  I know that for each of them their biggest frustration is that they cannot be here to help out.  I know that when I talk to them they feel sad and helpless because they do not like hearing that I suffer.
Tracey and Fiance Joe Rich

Tracey writes:
I am handing my sister's illness just ok. It is heart breaking to know that I can talk to you on the phone but there really isnt anything I can do to help or make you feel better.  I pray for you and your family everyday and try to keep up the faith that everything will work out all right.  I hope this helps you for your blog.  I love you, take care.  Tracey

Scott had this to say:  I had a lot of mixed emotions when I found out that my sister has cancer.  I feel very overwhelmed because there is so much I want to do and now it feels like I might not have the luxury of time to accomplish everything.   I am lucky to have such a hardworking and generous sister to admire and from whom I gain wisdom.  I find myself wishing that I had listened more in the past.  I love you.  Scott

No comments: