Wednesday, November 3, 2010

DO YOU KNOW THERE ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE EVERYWHERE?

Of course you do, but a reminder now and then is helpful.  Tuesday of course was Election Day.  It seemed like the whole country was stirred up and irritable didn't it?  There is alot of angst out there and it showed. Well Tuesday, I drove from my parents' home in Sidney, Maine to Manchester NH, to fly to Colorado.  I'd like to say fly home but I'm not exactly sure about this.  I do know that I achieved a personal and family record this week.  I was in each of our three homes in five days.  Friday in Florida, Monday in Maine, and Tuesday in Colorado.  Good Grief.   Anyway, I had brought with me a valuable research book to work on a personal project on the plane.  It was borrowed, expensive and difficult to replace.  I reached for it on the plane and it was not where I thought it was.  I was sick. I tore my luggage apart three times and could not find it.  My homecoming was somewhat tainted by the sick feeling in my stomach.  What had I done with it????   I placed a call to the Bible Study ladies back in Florida and left a message to pray!!!   Around midnight, I remembered that I had popped into a cafe in the airport and decided to check email at work.  I realized that I had probably taken the book out of my computer case and left it behind.   The next morning, I looked up the Manchester Airport phone numbers and was relieved to see the phone number of the cafe.  I called and reached an employee by the name of Jennifer Dionne.  I explained my world-shaking crisis to her and she almost immediately located the missing book.  Then, in a pay-it-forward spirit, she volunteered to go to a post office and overnight it to me.  I told her it would cost $20 or so, and she said "no problem, I'll just put it on my credit card".   WOW....  Sure enough, the very next day it arrived around 10am and I was able to continue my project right on schedule.   I can't express how encouraged and blessed I felt to have connected with a giver and someone who would go an extra mile for a complete stranger.  Thank you Jennifer.  Your act of kindness and unconditional giving was a tremendous gift.   I hope and pray that when I have the opportunity to pay-it-forward to someone else in need, I am willing to act without concern for my convenience or wallet, as you were. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky, I was very happy to be of any help at all... God bless you and your daughter, Susan.

Jennifer Dionne