Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Here we go again

For those of you not on my facebook and who do not already know my Doctor and I have made the decision to put me back on chemotherapy.  I am very sad about this and in true Susan form had a full blown meltdown.  It was necessary and quite cleansing.  I topped it off with a guilty pleasure of an ice cold Coca~Cola over ice and it helped bring me back around.  I don't know why this helps me but it does and for now I plan to go with it.

It was bad enough to have it confirmed that I was going back on chemotherapy but then when Dr. Matei asked me to do it yesterday I felt a bit overwhelmed.  Truth be told it was the most open day of my week as I have therapy clients scheduled and I didn't want to have to shuffle them.  Dr. Matei assured me that most people on this regime are still able to work so that helped calm me down.

I was very happy to have my mother by my side through this little ordeal yesterday.  I can be quite a tease and I do not think that she always feels the true measure of my gratitude toward her.  Thank you, Mom for being there and getting my prescriptions and buying me lunch. There are times in a person life when they need their mother and I was happy that you were there to help me through it.

After receiving my treatment I went home and watched some TV and my husband arrived with a parcel of treats for me.  This time around I am going into it with some experience and need to be careful about what I eat.  Chemotherapy can induce a lot of nausea and that might affect your ability to eat certain foods in the future.  He bought me some chicken and rice soup and some cupcakes (white with white frosting ..no chocolate) to brighten my mood.  Again, not health food but cheering up was the priority and if I develop an aversion to them it might not be a bad thing long term.

We spent the evening watching TV and talking.  We discussed our remodel project and made plans.  We sat together and watched videos of our son dancing (facebook) and discussed how much he has changed.  It was nice to have some undivided attention from him and I feel strengthened as a result.  I want you all to know that I count myself a very blessed woman.  I am loved by my husband.  I am supported immensely from my family.  I am prayed for and supported by people around the world.

This blog has had readers from the United States, Canada, Russia, Slovenia, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Sweden, Singapore and Germany.  That is quite a range.  I know who some of the international readers are but not all.  We only have 18 registered followers so it is difficult to tell unless comments are made or back channel emails are sent.  It is a very humbling thing to be able to pour my heart out on this forum and have readers tune in and spend their precious time on this endeavor.  So I just wanted to thank you from my heart because it means a lot to me and I feel even more supported by a whole crowd of anonymous people.  Thank you.

Susan

1 comment:

Kate said...

I am so glad that your mom is there with you also. There are many times, no matter how old we are, that Mom is the only one that can bring peace and comfort. I am sorry you have had to start the chemo, but again, mom and crew are there by your side, God is in charge, and your adoring public waits on the web. And who better than Mom if you decide to take the hair matter, or loss thereof, into your own hands. She can catch hair and tears at the same time. My husband is bald and is pretty cute, but he is growing a beard and it is not making him cuter...just food for thought, lol, pass on the beard...I think I am going to stop talking here. Much love :-)