Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Three Wishes

I was asked by an anonymous reader if I could wish for three things, with the exception of my cancer being cured, what would I wish for.  The first two wishes are easy and the last one will require some thought. 

I would wish that a pink Asian bundle of joy be adopted into my life.  I can no longer have children naturally and I desire greatly to have a daughter.  I would name her Mai Rebecca Rose and I would take great delight in rearing a strong capable daughter.

My second wish is that I would have complete financial freedom.  I think 60 million would suit my needs quite satisfactorily.  ;)  I could then work or not work and spend my days doing exactly what I want.  I could buy real estate, remodel, and give generously to whomever I wanted and all to my little hearts content.  I could fatten a college fund for Tan and Mai and ensure to their needs following my passing.

I could also take excellent care of my parents and provide them with the means to retire and live fabulously.  My parents have been hugely generous with me and I would be able to return the favor.  My father has not left my side in the past 13 months.  He and Mom traveled here to visit me when I was hospitalized and diagnosed in October 2009.  Mom had to return to work but Dad stayed behind and takes the baby at night so that I may rest and try to recover.

I also have several ideas for some charitable organizations that I would want to move forward on and create.  I would set them up with endowments so that they could withstand any issues with the economy and continue to serve the public in the manner in which I intended.

Finally, I would wish that no further crisis of this magnitude visit my family.  I think that we may be able to tough this one out, because we have stuck together, but it would be hard to bounce back without sufficient reprieve.  In life there are certainly no guarantees which is why I think this is a good use of wish number three.

Thank you for the post idea my dear anonymous reader. 

Susan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suggest you start buying Lottery tickets. They are relatively inexpensive, and someone has to win them. Your luck is overdue to improve. As for the little girl, she will find you!! Don't think you will have to worry about Tan's education. As smart as he is, I see a scholarship in his future!