Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Which Type Are You?

Are you the spontaneous type or are you a planner?  If I told you that you won a trip would you get out the travel books, research the area, and plan out all the must see / must do events?  Or would you pack your suitcase and just go?  Do you take the same approach to your life?

I was thinking the other day about what I would plan for my life beyond this particular portion of the journey.  I haven't been much of a planner so it kinda had me stumped.  You see I am a fly by the seat of my pants type of girl.  Lately, I have been thinking of buying new pants.

Not being a planner I was short on details and long on impulse.  I would plan to be happy.  I see happiness beyond this stretch of the road but no road map on how to get there specifically.  I would plan to be married to Huy and mother to Tan.  Both of which, would bring happiness to my life.

I see no change in plans as to my life's work.  I like what I do and it brings me happiness.  It is a real honor to be of service to my clients.  I was thinking about one of them who was long gone yesterday.  I wondered what had happened to him and thought sadly that I would never know.  He called today.  He told me he was still in Texas but coming to Colorado and wanted to see me.  Wow.  It was so unbelievable it gave me goosebumps.

I like the magical day to day occurrences like that.  I haven't come up with much else as far as plans but I am working on it.  I often say that you cannot reach your destination if you have no idea where you are headed.  I do know that my destination is filled with happiness even if I take a round about way to get there.

Susan

No comments: