Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hope Renewed, Faith Restored, Kitchen Saved

A lot has happened since that last post, complete with my Victorian-Era hysteria, regarding my kitchen remodeling project and my work.  I can tell  you, knowing you will keep this in confidence, that I had just heard that the granite would be $3,500.  This was after hearing that the cabinets would nearly be taking up my entire budget of $5,000 which had seemed generous for the itty, bitty kitchen I have to work with.

I thought for sure that this granite pricing would mean that the entire project would be canceled at the time and I was more than just a little sad about things.  It is one thing to go into a project with a budget and the understanding that things happen and you may exceed your budget.  It is another thing entirely to go into a project with the budget already doubled from what you agreed upon with your husband at the onset.

I was in the middle of my hissy fit victorian style when my client called upon me for help.  I saw him today at 3 p.m..  God blessed me incredibly and in that short amount of time I was able to work through my grouchiness, depression and misery (over my trivial kitchen project) and become inspired once again.

He was pretty beat up and had yet another story of being stomped on by life, in addition to being fired, from his most recent job.  I listened, from my freshly earned good place, and as he spoke to me he wiped countless tears from his face.  When we were midway through our session I said this to him:  "Friend (in lieu of his name) I want to tell you a story about God and how God loves us so much and cares about what we care about.  He cares about my kitchen and if He cares about my kitchen I can tell you that He cares about your future."

I told him the story about what was happening to me when he contacted me and all that transpired between then and the time of our appointment.  About how the $3,500 quote was wrong and that it was actually $2,100 for the counter tops and that after speaking with the carpenter it was currently down to $1500 and now included the back splashes that I wanted.  He raised his eyebrows at this and at me when I told him that God cares about my dreams, all the details of those dreams and He cares about my feelings.  This is not to say that God is at our beck and call to deliver up said dreams but His caring for us, His children, is so complete that He cares about what we are interested in.

He opened up about His faith that has been lost after being rejected by his priest recently over needed assistance.  I shared with Him that we are God's children and have a direct line of communication with Him that was restored when Jesus died on the cross.  The more we talked the more my Friend's hope and faith were restored.  We spoke about the power of God.  We talked about things always seem the darkest right before the dawn.  I encouraged him to hang on because I believe that help is coming.  He asked me to pray for him and stated that he could feel the Holy Spirit.  I promised him that I would pray for him.

Would you say a little prayer for him?  You can just tell God it is Susan's friend because He knows who you are referring to.

Thank you for all the support, prayers and encouragement that I received during my time of drama and crisis.  I want everyone to know that I am human all the way through and behave like one day in and day out.  I make mistakes.  I say the wrong thing...often and have an entire list of my own personal flaws and defects.

Susan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you tell me. Right after I had contacted the Pope concerning your sainthood!