Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dreaming Big

When you dream what do you dream about?  When you are sitting and waiting and have time to muse what do you think about.  Some people call it day dreaming, this thing you do when you spend some time visualizing your wishes.  It is the very content of your goal poster that you craft with magazine cutouts and descriptive words.

I know what I dream about.  I dream about big houses mostly.  I like to dream as if there were no limitations.  It is better that way because the scope of our imagination is so limited.  It is the reason when we pray that we say, "Thy will be done" because all that God would dream for us is better than what we would have for ourselves.

My favorite house design, oh yes there are many, is a huge two story home  that is set like a rectangle except that in the inside there is a garden.  There are many entrances to the center garden from the ground level and many patios overlooking the garden on the second level.  I am sure that this home would be large and rather inconvenient but the garden would be fabulous.  I would have every color of rose, lilacs and every type of berry growing there.  It would be a safe place for my children to play as it would be shielded on every side by the home that they live in.

I did say children because in my dreams I raise a son and a daughter.  We would play there in the garden and it would be wonderful.  My home would include many guest rooms being as large as it is and they would always be full.  All of the people that I love would come often to visit us and it would be so much fun.  We would eat at tables adorned with fresh flowers as my garden is so plentiful.

In my dreams, I see a home filled with the items from my life that I love.  Relics from my childhood, prized possessions gathered while traveling and family heirlooms passed down from generations. I see a home filled with the people that I love.  I see my husband happy, attentive and hopelessly romantic while together we raise our two rascals and have a lot of fun doing it.

Since this is my dream I want you to know that I have fabulous long hair that flows and catches the sun.  Though I am turning 40 soon, no one in my dreams, would ever guess that number.  My cheeks would be radiant and pink from the play and the sun and the enjoyment of my life and health.  While I am at it my figure would be svelte and I could eat without thought of my hips. Even my play clothes would be stylish and I would be known for both my looks and my charming personality.

When I review my dreams I know that I may never own a home like this one.  I may never own a home.  However, there are elements of my dreams that can be possible now.  I can have a home filled with love. I can invite others, whom I love, to spend time with me there.  I can make the home that I live in a beautiful, eye appealing place. I can keep a supply of fresh flowers and berries in my home even if I am unable to grow them myself.

Things are so uncertain now.  I do not know what I will be able to have and what I will not. I believe that dreams are worth fighting for.  I have no intention of giving up on my dreams.  Any of them.  There is nothing sweeter in this life than the realization of a dream. 

It is like the day my son was born, confirming that I would be a mother.  It was a dream come true and I was so grateful for him and to him the day he was born.

We had a home birth.  When he arrived we sat there and admired him.  Not being in a hospital setting, I was able to rest and snuggle and spend the first few hours with him quietly.  One of my lifelong dreams had been granted.  Nothing feels better than this.  Because that is true, regardless of what lies ahead, I plan to dream big impossible dreams and find little ways to make them true.

I will continue to pray that God's will be done as I bring to him the desires of my heart and He listens and He cares.  He has a plan for my life and I do not know all of what it is but I know that it will be beautiful.  It may be so big that it escapes the reach of my imagination.  Until more of it is revealed to me I will be left to my own day dreams.  There is a lot that I want to do.

No comments: