Sunday, April 3, 2011

There is no place like home



view from our room
Yesterday evening I got home around 8 pm after traveling all day coming home from a week in Cancun, Mexico.  The process of coming home began at 6 am, packing up, checking out, going to the airport, returning the rental car, hopping on a shuttle, checking baggage, security, waiting for flight, the flight, immigration, customs, re-check baggage, shuttle to gate, second flight and finally being greeted and kissed by my son, who is almost two years old.

At the end of it all, climbing into my very cozy bed for a well deserved rest and cuddle seemed like a huge reward.  Huy had succeeded in finding some Blue Bell pistachio almond ice cream, a rare find in Colorado, and we all watched Toy Story 3, in bed, while eating it.  Of course there was a mini meltdown from a tired two year old who thought for a minute that he was not getting ice cream.  I drew the line at letting him eat it with his hands and then all was well.

Cancun was an amazing experience.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and spending that time with Roxanne.  We saw some beautiful sights, lounged on the beach, enjoyed some delicious food, and even swam with the dolphins.  I will be blogging much more about my enjoyable time in Cancun later. For now, let me just say that it is so nice to have a break from one's ordinary routine but there is nothing more pleasurable, in my opinion, than coming back and feeling the sigh of relief to be home.  There is no feeling like the feeling of clean sheets on your own cozy bed.  There is also no greater joy than to have the sweet smelling head of your baby on your shoulder with your husband cuddled in on the other side.

Susan

No comments: