Monday, April 25, 2011

Feeling Good Is The First Step To Living Your Best Life

Reprinted from Mom's new blog....how to get your life back.blogspot.com

Have you ever heard the expression that "what you spend your time doing is who you are"?  What about this expression..."nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"...have you heard that one"?  I have spent a lot of time in the last year and a half thinking about living, weight, and health.  If you are not familiar with my story then I should inform you that I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer in October 2009.

Since that diagnosis, I have had an abundance of time to contemplate a wide variety of subjects and big among them was..how to get my life back.  You see, I didn't want to just be alive, I wanted to live..really live.  For me, really living is squeezing all the juice out of good living and feeling good about myself in the process.  It is really hard to have a lot of enjoyment in your daily living if you don't feel good about yourself.

Over the last year and a half my weight has fluctuated tremendously.  In the begining my weight dropped rapidly as the cancer really took hold.  Then with the first and second round of chemotherapy, steroids, and anti-estrogen medications my weight has begun to climb.  It has been a real emotional roller coaster and my body-image and satisfaction with my appearance has taken a beating.  I want to weigh less but I also want to be healthy.  When you have cancer it is not quite as simple as going on a diet and losing a few pounds.

I have gotten permission to take off some weight if Ido it in a slow and healthy way.  I will keep you informed of my progress by posting on this blog  (howtogetyourlifeback.blogspot.com).  Living my best life means that I am feeling good, looking good and have energy to keep up with my two year old. 

I am inspired by my mother and the recent success and new found excitement she is experiencing.  I have some of that, thank you very much.

Susan

No comments: