Thursday, March 3, 2011

Life Can Get Rough

"Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get back up"-Vince Lombardi

I am enjoying a nice break and every day that passes since my last chemotherapy treatment I feel better and stronger.  I still have an occasional bout of feeling run down but since my energy level is coming back even those feelings are an improvement over the chemo weeks.

Whether you find yourself struggling with cancer, have a family member who has cancer or is someone who is simply getting knocked around by life, please remember to get up.  At times in our lives we will get knocked down repeatedly but we need to keep getting up.  Plaster a smile on your face, muster a tough New York accent and look life squarely in the face and say, "oh yeah...Is that all you got"?

These experiences are here to teach us some character.  For what?  You may ask.  I dunno, for more of the getting knocked around experiences, I theorize.  At any rate, you can be sure that the going will get rough because it always does.  It gives us some contrast and makes the wonderful moments that much sweeter.  I do not know if you are in a sweet season or a getting knocked around season but I can assure you it is a season and it will pass.  Enjoy the first, try to prolong it if you can and if you are in the latter then set your jaw, put up your dukes and give life a run for its money. 

I find that right now I am in a sweet season.  I can clean and cook and take care of my son.  I am grateful for this season because a short time ago I could not do any of those.  In fact, getting up and walking to the bathroom was a chore.  Imagine being full of praise that I can clean out the clothes in my closet?  It feels good.  I am able to give of myself back to my family and to my friends.  I have a couple of friends in a tough season and I can help shine some sunlight in on them.  Look behind you friend the calvary has arrived.  I am here and I will help you fight this battle.  I need you to be strong because you may be my calvary again soon. 

Susan

No comments: