Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bucket List Item Line

I was driving home from work the other day and passed a PT Cruiser automobile.  Every time I see one it reminds me of my grandmother Lucille Audet (the coolest grandmother on the planet).  A few years ago, when Tracey and I were single ladies, we flew to Maine to help Mom and Dad at the Surry house.  Mom flew us into Manchester, New Hampshire and from there we rented a car.

While at the counter the rental car agent offered us a free upgrade and it turned out creating more than a few memorable moments.  It has been a long time since driving a car has been fun but I can tell you that bombing down the road in late September with the top down brought that feeling back.  Tracey and I were delighted by the looks we got and the enjoyment we got out of that rental.

In fact, we all did.  It was a very pretty car and as it turns out the perfect car for those fabulous Indian Summer days of New England.  It was especially well suited to take in the beautiful scenery along coastal Route 3. At one point in our trip we visited my grandparents at their home in Fairfield, Maine.  We had been invited to my Aunt Sarah's home for dinner and since we didn't know how to get there we were going to follow my grandparents. 

When my grandmother saw our rental car she informed me that she had always wanted to ride in a convertible so she came along with me while my sister rode with my grandfather.  I will always remember that day because it was a lot of fun to make that wish of hers come true.  I don't think that she has an actual bucket list but crossing that off of her list, real or in her head, was a grand moment for me.  If you frequently read my blog I hope that you have taken my advice and have actually written yours out.  Your grandchildren will thank you as they will be given ways to show you that they love you by helping you cross items off the list.  It will no doubt be as memorable for them as that day with my grandmother was for me.

I am still hoping to find pictures of myself in that car to include with this post.  That day and that event with my grandmother was not planned and the only camera we had with us did not work (FYI this is why you carry on your camera when flying and do not pack it in your suitcase).  I wish that had not been the case on this day because I would have treasured that picture.

Anyhow, happy adventuring blog readers

Susan

No comments: