Thursday, February 24, 2011

Has This Ever Happened To You?

My father watches my son overnights Sunday through Thursday so that I can try and get as much sleep as I can which is important for someone with cancer.  Tonight as I was returning home from dropping off my son I gave myself quite a scare.  As I was getting out of the car I inadvertantly squeezed my key fob and set off my car alarm.

This is startling enough as it is but my door was open and it occurred as I was getting out so the sound was absolutely deafening.  First, I had the confused frightened jolt and then as I figured out what was happening I clumsily scrambled around with my keys fumbling to turn it off.  Finally, came the moment of wondering how many people were having a good laugh at my expense which brought an smile of chagrin to my face as I walked down the sidewalk to my condo.

At any rate, when my sense of humor returned to me I thought I would share it with the rest of you in the hopes that you may also share a snicker.

2 comments:

Roxanne Ashey said...

he he he snicker snicker...and no i have not done that particular thing but i have done as nutty or worse... :) thanks for the smile..i can totally visualize this whole scene! PS I will be the one driving and maintaining possession of keys in Cancun... :) ha ha ha

Jo said...

We often hear car alarms in our neighborhood, set off just as you describe. About a month ago, Rich and I had just settled down for happy hour when I was aware of a rhythmic honking and was imagining a false alarm -- and ignoring it.
Then my husband jumped to his feet and ran out the back door, yelling "that's SOS!" Sure 'nuff, our 88 year old next door neighbor had fallen in his garage, lay there for more than a half hour in 18 degree temperature, and managed to drag himself to where he could reach his car horn. Rescue folks later said Rich had saved his life.
Now I listen more carefully -- and am proud that I married a former Eagle Scout!