Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine

I posted on Facebook Monday that I had dinner with my long time friend Michelle Smith and we just laughed and laughed.  Gosh it felt so good to tell stories to each other and laugh and make jokes.  She has to be the funniest person I know.  We had dinner together at Chipotle and it was a blast.

I have mentioned before and it bears repeating that anytime I can feel like myself and forget all the nonsense it refreshes my sense of self and re-invigorates me for the battle.  It is tried and true advice that when life is kicking our pants we need to reach out and connect.  Even Michelle can testify to how many times I have lectured her that when she feels down that she needs to reach out to me or other loved ones.

Well folks I have to tell you that I am a person that God has blessed immensely.  There are many, many wonderful people in my life like Michelle Smith.  There are so many of you pulling for me, praying for me, fasting for me, and reaching out to me.  I can feel your hugs and squeezes even the ones from afar.  I feel like a surfer buoyed up by the staggering amount of support that I am receiving.  It means so much to me.

I want each of you to think about the people in your life that mean a lot to you.  Is there anyone whom you haven't spoken to in awhile?  Have you been too busy to have lunch with the girlfriends?  Is life kicking your pants?  Do you want Michelle's phone number?  Just kidding.  Call your Michelle and invite her to lunch. As you laugh and laugh and become reminded of the best part of yourself you will thank me.  You will thank me but the person who truly deserves the thanking is yourself because stopping and taking time with loved ones is what it is all about.  Ok gosh I am getting sappy but I am having a George Bailey...It's a Wonderful Life moment and I am feeling astounded and blessed that I am so loved.

And FYI I checked the statistics tonight on the blog and it has been viewed.....drum roll please....508 times.  Wow.  Zowie.  Hey how come some of you haven't joined or commented?  Unless of course the ten people who are following the blog have read it 50 times over each.

No comments: