Friday, August 27, 2010

Emotional Support

A theme that keeps coming up as I talk to family, friends, acquaintances, and clients is that everyone seems to be at a loss of how to provide emotional support.  It touches me that I am so thought of and loved that the people in my life would struggle with how to tell me.  Everyone seems to feel the need to do something.

I can tell you that for those of you who are local visiting me, having lunch with me and helping me to feel like my normal self is what I crave the most.  It doesn't have to be often or in some expensive place.  I have received many gifts so FYI I have a lifetime supply of lotion and body wash.  ;) 

For those of you that are not local a short email or facebook post telling me that you are thinking of me is great.  You can send me inspirational pictures or a joke or even a funny story.  Sending a card is nice but cards build up and I have a small house. I feel guilty when I contemplate throwing out a card that you have spent time selecting and have purchased. Email blasts are preferred.  Attaching pictures of yourself would be cool too.  Then I can see your face.

Also I feel filled up with love to hear that so many of you are praying for me.  I believe in the power of prayer so this is a wonderful thing to do.  Well I am off to visit a friend and see her completed remodeling projects as I am planning to remodel  my tiny home.  Having things to plan and contemplate help me to have hope and gives me a positive things to think about.  Anyone who wants to help me with pictures and suggestions I would appreciate it. 

Will add more ideas later as I will be late.

No comments: