Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting on Pins and Needles

I have an appointment with my Doctor on Friday.  I always like to try to go in a few days before and do my blood work and labs so that I can maximize my time with her.  The cancer center is not very far away from my home so it makes sense to drive over and take care of this.  Note: that this is something that I request and schedule specially so that when I meet with Dr. Matei we have all the information.

I have not had my tumor markers tested since trying this Xeloda so I am very anxious.  I thought I had them tested a couple of weeks ago on a friday.  I waited all weekend for Monday to hurry up and get here and then when I called I waited all day.  I finally heard from them on Tuesday and was informed that no tumor markers had been sent out on the lab draw.  Apparently, they had not been ordered.

Needless to say, I am waiting on pins and needles to see where I am tomorrow.  This whole process has been a lot of waiting.  Waiting to feel better.  Waiting for tests.  Waiting to see if this or that treatment will make a big difference.  Waiting for good news.  Waiting with much anticipation for the next leg of my journey.

I am reminded of a promise

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31

I will let you know about the tumor markers.  I am still waiting for the news.

Susan

2 comments:

Jo said...

God is present on the head of a pin.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

God's waiting room has lots of "patients", where we learn what "patience" really means. God is there in the midst of it all with you...have no fear!