Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bit by Bit...Little by Little

I have been told this week that I look good and I have been told this week that I looked terrible.  I can tell you this week that I felt both.  Xeloda is no joke.  I have one more day on it and then a break.  It still knocks me for a loop.  A few times this week I have found myself on the mat with the referee counting and, though it was hard, struggled to find my feet.  I hear my internal coach shouting to me...is that you got?  I respond with, Heck NO!  I have guts all day long.  I'm up...I'm still moving.  I am not licked. 

Today, I awoke feeling a bit more refreshed and having more energy.  I am really looking forward to getting my tumor markers next Thursday and seeing what this stuff has done.  I am expecting some good news because this certainly feels as effective as the other treatments, if side effects are any indicator.

In the midst of all of this we are potty training our 2 1/2 year old son.  He loves his underwear.  It is a process.  We are vigilant.  We are positive and we are celebrating success. 

Sort of sounds like a recipe and I am applying it to myself.  My own thoughts sound more like...I am resilient, I am making forward progress, I feel better today....I have jumped the hurdle and am looking at this experience in my rear view mirror.

Onward and upward.  Hey!  To the Potty..Mister!!

Susan

No comments: