Thursday, July 28, 2011

Trust: My lesson this week

Some weeks just seem to come with their own theme.  Today as I was wracking my brain for a blog post, I reflected on this week, and there it was.  Trust.  All this week, the topic of trust has been coming up.  It came up when I was getting ready for the bone marrow biopsy on Monday when I felt sad and my bottom lip quivered.  The topic came up in many conversations some positive when I saw trust in action and then quite terrifying when I could see what a lack of trust could do.

I realized that God was nudging me and asking me to place my trust in Him.  He has already promised me that His desire for my life is that I will be well.

Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, Bless His Holy Name.

Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And forget none of His benefits;

Who pardons all your iniquities;

Who heals all your diseases;

Who redeems your life from the pit;

Who crowns you with loving-kindness and compassion;

Who satisfies your years with good things;

So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
Psalm 103: 1-5

I guess we all just need some reminding that what is happening right now in yours and my life is nothing short of a stepping stone that leads to the next great thing.  I am reminded this week that trust is a two way street.  God asks that I trust Him and reminds me that He has trusted me.

...From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
Luke 12:48

This verse always inspires the joke, gulp, I wish God didn't trust me so much.  My thought is one of awe about what God might possibly be preparing me for.  It must be grand because I am certainly undergoing a major training program.  I am also painfully aware that this is a voluntary training program that I may drop out of if I choose.  No need to worry folks, I was blessed with an extra portion of curiosity so I plan to see this through.  I just gotta know what is on the other side.

Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! Deut. 30:19

I hope that you will also be reminded of the many promises we are given and I hope also that you are inspired to keep moving forward.  We are richly blessed and dearly thought of.  He is worthy of our trust.

Susan

1 comment:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Yes, Susan, trust is the theme of my life too...maybe from a different perspective...right now as a mother with my own personal journey of trust for myself and my husband, but also trusting God on behalf of my three adult sons, who are each on their own personal journeys into the land of trust. It is a never ending theme...but one that leads to great joy and rewards if we will just continue to TRUST! Praying for you today that you will continue to be strong in the Lord...and TRUST.