Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Mother

I can honestly say that my mother is the most amazing woman that I know.  As far as mothers go, I suppose that she is unique in the sense that there is not too many things that she isn’t good at.  She is a good writer.  She is a good cook.  She is good with people.  She is a good supporter.  She is a good friend.  She is a good swimmer.  Hmmn perhaps I would have been better off to write a blog about her flaws, though none come to mind.

My favorite picture of Mom
 with her father Paul Audet
I have previously written about how my father has been here in Colorado taking care of the baby and has aided me in a hands-on sense.  I have not written about how my mother and I have become good friends and speak several times a day.  She is my champion and greatest emotional support.  Over the years we have ironed out an agreement and when she isn’t sure what kind of support I need she asks if I need a shoulder or a sounding board.  Sometimes, she listens with a sympathetic ear and other times she gives me honest feedback.

My mother is an incredibly interesting woman and quite a jokester.  She loves to laugh and really enjoys it if she can pull one over on you.  If she does get you, as my brother can testify, she takes enormous pleasure in it.  If you catch her in the act, she will feign ignorance and adamantly deny that she is up to anything, but with enough pressure she will confess.

My brother recalls how if they would see Bruce Lee on TV she would joke that she was the one who taught him all that he knows.  When he would reply, “oh you did..huh?”  She would say “yes, in fact, I was a little disappointed that he took so long it pick it up.  I had to keep showing him over and over.”

Or if they were out and about and saw a Harley Davidson motorcycle my brother might remark that he really liked it.  “Wow..I wish I had a bike like that” he might say.  My mother would then retort, “I actually have one just like that but I decided that I should upgrade because I have gotten bored with that style.”  Mom has quite a sense of humor and we spend a lot of time laughing.

She is also very generous with all that she has and all the talent that she has been given.  She is not afraid to put her talents to good use to help someone out.  I am always in awe of her generosity and her creativity.  I am quite sure that those who know her best would agree with this assessment of her.  It was her idea to start this blog and she had it up and running in record time.  Mom taught me how to use the format and we have been blogging ever since.  She has even begun her own blog to chronicle her weight loss journey.  If you haven’t already been there to visit then please check her out at http://howtogetyourlifeback.blogspot.com/.

When it comes to my feelings for my mother I could certainly go on and on.  I wrote all of this to let you all know that I love her.  If you ever have the chance to meet her and/or spend time with her then you will catch a glimpse of how wonderful she is.  Happy Mother’s Day!!  Thank you for all the things you do for me.  I am certainly blessed because of you.

Some Quotes For Mother’s Day

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.  ~Marion C. Garretty, quoted in A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  ~Washington Irving

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.  ~Albert Schweitzer

No comments: