Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Brainstorming is a Blast!

One aspect of my job that I absolutely love is brainstorming with my clients.  I love it when they run an idea past me and we come up with idea after idea.  Ideas are so fun.  Even the bad ones.  It reminds me of a dialogue from the movie..Under the Tuscan sun.
Tuscany

"Bramasole."                  
[ Speaking Italian ]
                  
It's a nice little villa.
Rather run-down, but redeemable.
                  
Are you going to buy it?
                  
No, no, no.
I'm just a tourist
here for the day.
                 
So?

Well, who wouldn't want to buy
a villa in Tuscany?                  
But the way my life's been going
that would be a terrible idea.

A terrible idea.

Mm-hmm.

Don't you just love those?

It seems to be a true fact that one may have idea after idea for what someone else should do and none for yourself.  I heard from an old teacher once, that the questioner will never be able to come up with the answer because their mind is consumed by the question.

While I don't advocate living your life by committee. Some people just don't have the life experience to give you good guidance or at times they are not able to remain neutral while you act in the way you feel best.  Especially since, there are some who are not able to connect with your authentic heart and give you good suggestions. Taking those considerations in mind; I do love the idea of a brainstorming party.  If you had a bunch of business people together and divide them into teams it would be fun to see how many ideas each team could come up with.  Then you would have a bunch of ideas to consider.

I love thinking over a project or an idea of someone and seeing what I can come up with.  My best suggestions are usually things I have no interest in or would ever even do myself.   It is one fun hour to spend with someone.  If you choose to hit some friends up for a brain storming session then be sure that they can handle it emotionally if you hate their ideas.  It could happen.  I offer e-coaching as part of my business for people who need a safe sounding board or a new stream of ideas.  I have linked my website under the link section of this blog.

Anyway folks.  Get thinking and get creative.  Have fun.

Susan

No comments: