Sunday, May 29, 2011

Homeward Bound

As the days click off closer and closer to vacation the excitement and anticipation of being in Maine begins to grow.  I am ready for the time off from work, the celebrations, the family time and to see my old familiar stomping grounds.

I am enjoying the scent of the lilacs and watching the trees bud out fuller and fuller with leaves.  There is a gorgeous tree outside my work office window and I just love to look at it and watch the resident squirrel scurry around on the branches. 

This time of year always reminds me of Maine even though I now reside in Colorado.  I am so spoiled by the mild Colorado winters but I still celebrate the spring and summer as if I still live in Maine where the winter is long and gray.  As I pack my suitcase and think about Maine I am looking forward to this trip as if it were my first time traveling.

I feel good.  My health is improved.  My energy seems to be returning and I am ready to continue my quest of celebrating life in a more hands on way.  It probably helps that my two year old enjoys celebrating everything so he and I will be good companions on this trip.  We applause the conclusion of every show, every good meal and even every sip of a cold beverage with a splendid breathy ahhhh.

I toast my sister at the end of her journey to find a life partner.  My arms ache for the hugs that I am anxious to give and receive her and my friends and family as we come together to celebrate her and Joe.  They will be married soon and all the family will be there. I am so thrilled for her because she has waited a long time and we have never seen her so happy.

I am looking forward to the scrumptious food and the anticipation of it has influenced all of my recent menu selections.  "I am not having that...better to wait until I get to Maine where it will be fantastic." I say to myself quietly in my head as I pour over the menu.  Going home means enjoying all the favorite tastes of home and there are many to be had in the state of Maine.

This particular vacation has the added luxury of extra time built into it.  I do not know when I have had more than a week to spend in Maine and it will add to the enjoyment to not be in a hurry.

So to Maine then, I say get the red carpet ready.  To Colorado I bid you adieu.  And to Jo, I say move over missy, it is almost my turn on those fabulous screen porch rockers.

Hooray!!!  Homeward Bound!

Susan

1 comment:

Jo said...

Jo, like Elvis, has left the building!
It even looks like God will be smiling some sunshine on you. Have a glorious vacation. All will be well.