Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Christmas Wish

 Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
  and your healing shall spring up speedily;
 your righteousness shall go before you;
  the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
(Isaiah 58:8 ESV)

Father,

I am praying tonight and asking that you send me a Christmas miracle.  I pray that life would return swiftly to my body.  I long to play with my son.  I want to have energy to serve You, to mother my child, to be a wife to husband, to work and play and live fully.

You have made many promises to me, both personally and in your Word and I claim them tonight.  You said in Matthew 7:7 that if I ask and it will be given to me; if I seek I will find; and if I knock you will open the door for me.  So Father, I am asking you for a health better than I knew before cancer, I am seeking your will over my life and strength because I am so frustrated, and I am banging on this door with all my might that You would hear me and open.

Romans 8:11 promises life to my mortal body because Your Spirit dwells within me.  You have answered my urgent cry regarding my fatigue in Isaiah 40 when you said, that they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

I have tried to be a good student through this experience and on this part of my journey.  I have worked hard to keep my head up and a positive attitude securely in place.  I confess that I am getting tired and that I feel sad because this is not the life that I want to live.  It is not how I wanted to treat my child, when I finally had one, and it is not a life that I sincerely believe does me justice.  I have too much to give to lay in bed too weak to move around and be useful.  I pray for your mercy and ask that you heal me quickly because I honestly do not know how much more of this I can take.

I ask for forgiveness for where I have fallen short and I am working to practice forgiveness and patience in my life.  I admit, I don't think I am very good at this yet but it is a work in progress.  I hope for continued guidance and direction of where I need to improve and to respond faithfully where I am needed. 

I pray all of this Father in Jesus' name, who died for me that I might live abundantly,

Susan

3 comments:

Jo said...

I am praying with you.

tracey rich said...

Amen i pray this with you! love you lots! xoxox

Pamela M. Steiner said...

May God grant you your Christmas Wish List in every way...may He send healing to you speedily, may He grant you peace and comfort in your heart and soul, knowing that He is working out His plan for your life even during this time of illness...He has not forgotten you, but is bringing about healing in His way, in His time...which is exactly the perfect time. My prayers are with you dear friend, and better yet, GOD, Emmanuel, is with you always. Amen.