Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Life Lesson #too high to count

My heart is grieved.  My soul is weary.  I need some recharging, I guess.  As I sit in my chair, eager to be pressed into service, the stories I hear are hard to stomach.  I have been wondering when the world went crazy and how bad I want to get off this ride.
Luckily, for me, I can only stand so much of this before I begin searching for an exit stragedy.  I just do not like feeling bad and I begin working on shift.  I have to shift my thoughts.  I have to shift my focus.  I need to lift my eyes.  I need to do it quick before I get infected.  You see these sorts of thoughts and feeling are contagious and this is not what I want to catch.  It could lead to me feeling sorry for myself and I refuse to do that, allow that, or live in that space.

I am given this verse tonight and want to share it with you

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.  Philippians 4:8



Susan

No comments: