Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gifts are fun to give.

My son is of the age where he loves to recognize familiar objects and shout them out.  He is learning language and gets a big charge out of things.  When he sees an owl he goes nuts.  He shouts out a long drawn out, Owwwlllll and then says hoot, hoot, hoot. 

It does not matter if it is a cartoon owl or a real owl.  When we watch Toy Story he hears an owl, never sees it and shouts out Owl! 

I saw some knitted owls on facebook and found someone who could make him a set.  My cousin referred me to a friend and she did such a nice job.  She made him a Daddy, Mommy (with blue eyes like me) and a baby owl.  It feels like the night before Christmas for me, as I am eager to give him this gift.  I plan to take a video when he opens them.

My son brings me a lot of enjoyment.  He has a great sense of humor and brightens my day every day.  I feel privileged to be able to do special things for him when I am able. 

Susan 

1 comment:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Can't wait to see the video! Has he ever seen a "Barred Owl"? They have a unique hoot that sounds a lot like "Who who cooks for youuuuuu?" We have these wonderful owls in our backyard woods. You must check out my blog "page" http://pamelasopenwindow.blogspot.com/p/things-i-see-outside-my-open-window.html and scroll down to see the pictures of my owls. He'll love them I am certain. Love your knitted owls...what a neat gift!