These are my New Year's thoughts and goals as we start again.1. What I want to be known for: kindness.
2. Point always to the truth of the cross. We are born to die but redeemed to live eternally if we are safe in Christ. Focus on the eternal.
3. Love extravagantly and unconditionally. You don't know how much time you have to lavish care and affection on the people you cherish. Tell them often and sincerely.
4. Give extravagantly. Same as above. For me, the best gift is time but thoughtful and caring gestures are important too.
5. Forgive quickly and often. No one is perfect.
6. Make memories, lots of them, with those you care about.
7. Work on being a better listener. Give people the courtesy of your full attention when you are with them.
8. Encourage, affirm, and build up those in your presence. (you is kind, you is smart, you is important)
9. Live without regrets. If you have regrets, fix them while you still have time.
10. Practice happiness and find joy in all things. You may not be able to change your circumstances but you can choose your reaction.