Saturday, September 8, 2012

When Bad News Arrives


It seems that in this life there are to be tests, trials and tribulations.  I know you are having yours, just as I am having mine.  It is how we handle them that defines us as people, in my opinion.  I think I have given readers and friends the misconception that I handle things well, better than most, but I don't.

When I first receive bad news, I like to reserve a day or two for sulking. I find it helpful to mope, cry, vent, and get it out as thoroughly as possible.  Next, I go into problem solving or acceptance mode.  Finally, I return to a more public life and work on keeping my attitude focused on the positive.

It is true, that I feel a great peace in my spirit.  I attribute this to my prayer life, faith, and my belief in Heaven.  I am complimented often on my attitude and my ever present smile.  Please know that these are accomplished with a fair amount of maintenance.  It does not come naturally. 

Susan

3 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

You are REAL...and we understand...but you are still brave and strong and are blazing a trail through this wilderness of life that is making a lasting impression on the hearts of many who will follow. Do not be afraid to show us the truth. We are all praying and trying to help in some small way to be there for you. Even if it is only a word of hope or comfort...or a (((HUG))))...it is our way of sending Christ's love to you. You are not alone in this battle.

Dana De Los Santos said...

It has been a blessing to know you. You are an inspiration, Susan.

Roxanne Ashey said...

A little late on commenting but we had a conversation about this before you blogged about it...I am going to continue to follow your philosophy on this as best I can...pity parties are ok for a moment but then its time to get back up and push back harder than ever...doing my best...miss you lots! XO