Thursday, August 30, 2012

Homesick

Today must have been a nice day in Maine because my relatives were at camp on China Lake and pictures were posted on Face book.  The lake was as smooth as glass and they were taking the boat out.  The kids were swimming and the adults were visiting and I would have loved to be there.

As I remain home bound and bed bound, I think a lot about where I would like to go and what I would do.  Sometimes. I invite my mother and we plan a whole day.  I have a steady supply of visitors who come to cheer me.  I am so grateful for that, so much better to visit live and in person.  I am going to love "in person", whenever I can, once I am on my feet.  I wince, when I remember how many times I promised to stop by, call or meet someone for lunch but didn't.

If you have an opportunity to see your extended family take advantage.  Family relationships are fragile and can get lost or damaged easily.  I recently missed out on seeing cousins I haven't seen since I was a teenager.  We grow up and spread out, go to college, move to dream locations and then we are broke and don't come home for awhile.  I hope to change this for me and my son.  I need to get back on my feet and get home more often.  I cannot walk at the moment but this gives me motivation to do my daily excercising to facilitate this so I can.

God Bless You All!!

Susan

1 comment:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I am so sorry you weren't able to go back to Maine with your family. I know you must be missing that tremendously. We will continue to pray that you will be able to travel again soon, and that next summer you won't miss out! I appreciated this post...I can so relate. Since my parents have both passed on and our family home is no longer in the family, my sibling families have kind of gone their separate ways. My sister and I remain close because we live just a little over an hour apart, but my brothers are out of state, and I don't know when, or if ever, we will all be together again. We need to try to keep those family ties knit together. We shouldn't allow miles and years to come between us...but it happens sometimes because it is beyond our control. This was a good reminder to make the effort, no matter what. Thank you...and I'm praying for your strength to return soon.