Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Push, Pull and Drag

I want to apologize for my neglect of you and this blog as of late.  I am acclimating to a new chemotherapy and each round brings a challenge by way of side effects on my body.  I am now on Iexempra and it really hits the immune system hard so I am given Neulasta (an injection) the next day to boost my blood counts.  It really throws me a for a loop.

This round I had only half an injection of the Neulasta and I am functioning again after a week.  Praise the Lord!!  I think it was a week and a half to two weeks last time.  I had very little pain thanks to the Claritin which seems to aid in the histamine production of the immune system resulting from Neulasta injections.  Weird but if it works....at this stage in the game...I am for it.

Today I was back at work and rather enjoyed the movement and not being knocked off my feet.  Hooray for work!  Hooray for feeling better.  This new chemotherapy is working and my tumor markers have decreased from 903 to 682. 

More interesting posts to come!

Susan

2 comments:

Jo said...

I think this blog is as much for us to be present with you than for you to provide us with reading material -- no apologies! I always add some extra prayers when you haven't posted in a while, recognizing that you are probably wiped out for a time.

This Thanksgiving, I give thanks for your continuing, honest witness of faith. And that goes for both the Comeau ladies in CO.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Hooray for the positive news and the lower tumor markers...this is indeed a reason to give thanks...everyday as well as at Thanksgiving. Every day is a cause to celebrate! Thank you for whatever updates you are able to give. We are all still out here pulling for you!